|RC Jim Henry: Master of|
Rotary Retention Statistics
In this example, all rates are annual and based on semi annual reports, not interim reports.
- Club A, which has seventy members, brings in twenty new members but loses seventeen (net gain of three.) Their annual retention rate of 75.7%.Club A has a retention rate of 75.7%. Its growth rate of (3/70)*100 = 4.3%. Its retention plus growth rate is 75.7% + 4.3% = 80%.
- Club B has twenty members. They bring in five new members but lose four. Their retention rate is 80%. The growth rate is 5%. Club B has a retention plus growth rate of 80% + 5% = 85%.
- Club C has twenty members. It brings in one new member and loses one member. It has an annual retention rate of 95%. Club C has a retention plus growth rate of 95% + 0% = 95%.
- Which club(s) do you believe should receive the highest recognition? Why?
- What types of recognition would you consider giving, if any? Why?
- Which do you believe is the healthiest club(s)? Why?
- Which do you believe to be the most problematic club(s)? Why?