If a club member misses a meeting, encourage that member to make it up using any of these options:
- Attend at least 60 percent of another club’s regular meeting.
- Attend a regular meeting of a Rotaract or Interact club, Rotary Community Corps, or Rotary Fellowship.
- Attend certain Rotary International or district meetings, such as an RI Convention.
- Participate in a club service project or club-sponsored community event.
- Attend a club board meeting or, if authorized by the board, a service committee meeting.
- Participate in an e-club meeting for at least 30 minutes.
To receive attendance credit, the member must complete the make-up within 14 days of the missed meeting and obtain written proof of attendance from the make-up club’s secretary. Use the Club Locator tool at www.rotary.org or refer to the Official Directory to find club meeting times and locations.
From Rotary World, October 2009