- New Clubs will meet every week but there is no pressure on its members on how often they attend – ‘Give what time you can afford to Rotary’- Club programmes are so good that they will want to attend each week!
- Build relationships within ethnic groups and ensure these potential members are enthused about Rotary aims and ideals.
- Emphasise the personal development potential of becoming a Rotarian
- Consider the needs and lifestyles of potential new members:
- Do they wish to consume a meal at every weekly meeting?
- Ensure ongoing financial commitment is kept within the means of each member.
- What dress-code/regalia do they wish to adopt?
- Do they need a closed room or would they prefer to meet in a quiet corner – open to all who might show an interest?
- Why not bring family members and friends along to enjoy the fellowship?
- Let the new club members decide how they wish to serve.
- Make sure there are plenty of fun activities being planned for the whole family to get involved with
- Introduce "Rotary Programs" very slowly so as not to overwhelm the new members.
- Make membership recruitment & retention a priority from the start.
- Make all members feel valued and "part of the Team"
- Ensure there is continuity for future club leaders
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
The Basics of "New Style" Rotary Clubs
RIBI (Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland) New Club Formation Officer Tony Cotton shares why we need to be sponsoring "New Style" Rotary Clubs.
From the RIBI (Zones 17 & 18) Membership Newsletter, October 2009. RRIMCs Peter Davey & Ray Burman.
Posted by Bevin Wall at 8:28 AM
Membership "Must" Links
- Zone 33-34 Membership Resources Index
- Rotary.org Membership Resources Page
- RRIMC Blog
- Club Assessment Tools
- Zone 33-34 Website Membership Page
- Zone 33 Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Sunshine Division Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Rotary's You Tube Video Site
- Link to All Zone Membership Newsletters
- Sign Up for Membership Minute
- Sign Up for RI's Public Relations Tips
- Every Rotarian Every Year
- RI's Training Talk
- 2009 MD Presidential Membership Conference Resource Page
- Zone 25-26 Membership Blog (West Coast US)
- Zone 21 Membership Blog (Latin & S America)
- Zone 31-32 Membership Blog (Northeast US)
- Zone 15 Membership Blog (Scandanavia-Russia)
- Zones 10B-18 Membership Blog (Europe & Africa)