- Creativity & Group-based Solutions. Over and over again I see clubs with membership leaders (you!) that are creative and put together group solutions to their membership issues that are successful in the long-run.
- Create "buy-in" for the health of your club and the ability to be diverse, representative and to do more in your community.
- Planning to meet or exceed the Presidential Citation goals is a must, and any club membership plan should be based on it.
- Use Training Opportunities. Last, stay abreast of district training opportunities, club leadership opportunities (like RLI- Rotary Leadership Institute), and membership information. See our blog at http://membership33-34.blogspot.com/ and subscribe to and look at past Membership Minutes on the RI Webpage at http://www.rotary.org/en/Members/GeneralInformation/MembershipResources/Pages/MembershipMinute.aspx for ideas.
- Assess Your Club Environment. Creating fellowship, networking opportunities and value in your club is key. Once you have a plan to invite prospects, you must have an environment that respects their time and contributions.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Q & A: Five Keys for Club Membership Success
Q. I am the new Membership Chair for this upcoming year for our club. I want to make this the best membership recruiting effort possible. Appreciate any ideas!
A. Congratulations on your assignment! Five Keys to keep in mind for success:
Have a great membership year and let me know how I can help!
Posted by Bevin Wall at 3:39 PM
Membership "Must" Links
- Zone 33-34 Membership Resources Index
- Rotary.org Membership Resources Page
- RRIMC Blog
- Club Assessment Tools
- Zone 33-34 Website Membership Page
- Zone 33 Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Sunshine Division Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Rotary's You Tube Video Site
- Link to All Zone Membership Newsletters
- Sign Up for Membership Minute
- Sign Up for RI's Public Relations Tips
- Every Rotarian Every Year
- RI's Training Talk
- 2009 MD Presidential Membership Conference Resource Page
- Zone 25-26 Membership Blog (West Coast US)
- Zone 21 Membership Blog (Latin & S America)
- Zone 31-32 Membership Blog (Northeast US)
- Zone 15 Membership Blog (Scandanavia-Russia)
- Zones 10B-18 Membership Blog (Europe & Africa)