Saturday, May 9, 2009
Redistricting Surfaces Amid Difficult Economic Times
Amid the financial turmoil of the global recession, and with the Rezoning of the Rotary world set and to be implemented July 1, 2009, the issue of Redistricting is again being discussed at the highest levels of Rotary International.
In Decision 183, January 2009, Quarterly Updates to Directors, "The Districting Committee agreed that directors should be regularly advised of those districts in their respective zones that have fewer than 33 clubs and / or 1,200 Rotarians, and that directors advised of such districts should work with the regional Rotary International membership coordinator and district leadership to develop strategies for possible redistricting and for sustaining membership growth in the region." Pursuant to that decision RI Directors are now receiving quarterly updates from the RI Membership Development Division on those districts in "statistical noncompliance" with the 33/1200 benchmark.
The three districts within Zones 33-34 currently below the 33/1200 benchmark are District 7000 Puerto Rico with 1,102 Rotarians in 33 Rotary clubs, District 7530 in Northern West Virginia with 1,190 Rotarians in 30 Rotary clubs, and District 7550 in Southern West Virginia with 1,325 Rotarians in 28 Rotary clubs.
Our Director, Eric Adamson, and RRIMCs Bevin Wall (Z33) and Jim Henry (Z34) are charged with working with each of these Rotary districts ..."to develop strategies for possible redistricting and for sustaining membership growth in the region".
Posted by Bevin Wall at 12:41 PM
Membership "Must" Links
- Zone 33-34 Membership Resources Index
- Rotary.org Membership Resources Page
- RRIMC Blog
- Club Assessment Tools
- Zone 33-34 Website Membership Page
- Zone 33 Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Sunshine Division Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Rotary's You Tube Video Site
- Link to All Zone Membership Newsletters
- Sign Up for Membership Minute
- Sign Up for RI's Public Relations Tips
- Every Rotarian Every Year
- RI's Training Talk
- 2009 MD Presidential Membership Conference Resource Page
- Zone 25-26 Membership Blog (West Coast US)
- Zone 21 Membership Blog (Latin & S America)
- Zone 31-32 Membership Blog (Northeast US)
- Zone 15 Membership Blog (Scandanavia-Russia)
- Zones 10B-18 Membership Blog (Europe & Africa)