According to the Portsmouth VA Rotary Club there are (at least) 20 good reasons to join Rotary.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Please note the following schedule for Zone Webinars. These are invitation-only webinars between Director Eric Adamson, Director-Elect John Smarge, and current & future District Leadership in Zones 33 & 34. A review of Membership status and issues is to be included in this webinar.
May 26, 2009 2:00 PM, Zone 34 District Goveror-Elects (DGEs)
May 27, 2009 2:00 PM, Zone 34 District Governors (DGs)
May 27, 2009 3:30 PM, Zone 33 District Governors (DGs)
June 2, 2009 3:30 PM, Zone 33 District Governor Elects (DGEs)
Friday, May 22, 2009
Posted using ShareThis
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
District Membership Chairs and District Membership Development Committees
The new Rotary year is fast approaching. If DGEs have not yet appointed district membership chairs, they are encouraged to do so. Please notify RRIMC Bevin Wall @ email@example.com and notify RI via Member Access.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Recognitions for the 2008-09 Presidential Membership Awards will be based on Membership numbers in Clubs and Districts effective May 15, 2009.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
District 6900 (GA, USA) Membership Chair Mary Chapman has it right!
Watch RI's newest promotional video online. Use online resources to promote the four minute overview of Rotary included on the This Is Rotary DVD. Start off by adding it to your club's or district's Web site or blog, then consider posting it to your Facebook or Linkedin profile, or even tweet about it. Continue promoting the video through an e-mail to all Rotarians in your club or district, and consider posting it on a local community service blog or discussion board. Have another idea? Send your tip to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
A very easy tool for calculating your club's real performance in keeping existing members is now available on this website.
Monday, May 4, 2009
1. Done in a day service project, followed by party/ reception/ lunch/ cookout, etc. 2. 3-4 member dine-arounds. 3. "Class of 20xx" projects, 4. C
11. Vocational Minute. 12. Assembling a playground. 13. Building a gazebo for a local nursing home. 14. Meeting Presentation "Who am I? What am I?", PowerPoint presentation facts and photos. 15. "Dinner club" with 4 Rotarians and their spouses. 16. Field Trips. Visit to the Getty Museum and to the Reagan Library. Rent a bus, buy tickets,etc. 17. Serving dinner for 50-70 guests at the Salvation Army Winter Homeless Shelter. 18. Safari Suppers, (Progressive Dinners) 19. Simple Test – Everyone comments on the qualities of each member on a separate sheet of paper that is passed around 20. “Surprise facts about you” segment at meeting.
1. 21. People tend to talk more around a dinner table or while working together 22. Introduce someone you don’t know well. 23. New members as greeters. 24. Zingo (similar to Bingo) Cards using little known facts confirmed from mingling through the room. 25. Re-classification talk by a “more seasoned” Rotarian. 26. "Hat of the Week" talk. 27. Host quarterly socials. 28. "Share your journey" presentations, including why you joined Rotary. 29. "Happy Fines" or “Happy Bucks”. 30. "Mixer days" – table assignments once a month.
31. 31. "Rotary After Hours". socializing / networking. 32. Rotary After Hours at the place of business of a member . 33. New member badge. 34. Tradition to go around and shake hands with every one before the meeting starts. 35. Secret Greeter that reports to the Sgt. At Arms. 36. Greeters- Two members at the door to greet every one as arrive. 37. H
For more great ideas and to participate in the discussion, join the Official Rotary International Group at Linked In.
Membership "Must" Links
- Zone 33-34 Membership Resources Index
- Rotary.org Membership Resources Page
- RRIMC Blog
- Club Assessment Tools
- Zone 33-34 Website Membership Page
- Zone 33 Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Sunshine Division Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Rotary's You Tube Video Site
- Link to All Zone Membership Newsletters
- Sign Up for Membership Minute
- Sign Up for RI's Public Relations Tips
- Every Rotarian Every Year
- RI's Training Talk
- 2009 MD Presidential Membership Conference Resource Page
- Zone 25-26 Membership Blog (West Coast US)
- Zone 21 Membership Blog (Latin & S America)
- Zone 31-32 Membership Blog (Northeast US)
- Zone 15 Membership Blog (Scandanavia-Russia)
- Zones 10B-18 Membership Blog (Europe & Africa)