Tuesday, April 21, 2009

R.I. President D.K. Lee Leads Membership Discussion with Governors


Our R.I. President, D.K. Lee, led discussions with Eastern Seaboard U.S. Governors during a series of conference calls on Tuesday, April 21, 2009. Pres. D.K. wanted to stress the continued importance of membership development through the end of the Rotary year on June 30. 

During the call, Pres. D.K. received reports from each Governor. Concerns noted included clubs' measures to deal with the worsening economic climate, new club formation, and efforts to retain existing members. In general, Governors were optimistic that a net increase in membership could occur for the year. 

The President was joined on the calls by his aide, Past R.I. Director Mike Pinson, R.I. Vice-President Mike McGovern (who will be R.I. Membership Chair in 2009-10), and RRIMCs Bevin Wall and Mark Kriebel (Zone 32)

No comments: