Saturday, March 14, 2009
Zone Membership Numbers Present a Challenge
The official RI Membership Numbers are out for the period July 1 2008- February 28 2009, and the news presents a challenge for all districts across the two Zones.
Districts in Zone 33 posted a -0.55% loss in membership, while Zone 34 posted a -0.82% loss. District 7020 in the Northern Caribbean boasted the largest gain in membership with a +4.29% increase. However, 21 of the 27 Districts in the Zones show losses so far this Rotary year, with a net loss of 484 Rotarians.
Worldwide, the statistics show a +1.08% membership increase so far this Rotary year.
This presents a clear challenge to all Rotarians for the balance of this year. We have an opportunity to break a downward trend line going back several years, or to extend it with further losses.
The first half of this Rotary year shows us that our efforts do effect these numbers and concentration and promotion of membership issues does have a positive impact on the numbers. We must redouble our efforts now, and do what we can to support Rotary clubs in membership development!
Posted by Bevin Wall at 6:32 PM
Membership "Must" Links
- Zone 33-34 Membership Resources Index
- Rotary.org Membership Resources Page
- RRIMC Blog
- Club Assessment Tools
- Zone 33-34 Website Membership Page
- Zone 33 Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Sunshine Division Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- Rotary's You Tube Video Site
- Link to All Zone Membership Newsletters
- Sign Up for Membership Minute
- Sign Up for RI's Public Relations Tips
- Every Rotarian Every Year
- RI's Training Talk
- 2009 MD Presidential Membership Conference Resource Page
- Zone 25-26 Membership Blog (West Coast US)
- Zone 21 Membership Blog (Latin & S America)
- Zone 31-32 Membership Blog (Northeast US)
- Zone 15 Membership Blog (Scandanavia-Russia)
- Zones 10B-18 Membership Blog (Europe & Africa)